There are a few things you need to consider when looking for foods that build muscle mass. Just about everybody who works out now understands the importance of protein when it comes to trying to build muscle. When you trained with weights you breakdown your muscle cells and after this damage occurs the process starts that will repair the muscle cells.
The biggest mistake that most people make when trying to gain muscle is to focus on only their workouts. Nutrition accounts for over 70% of your results when it comes to building a lean muscular physique. Proteins and amino acids are the building blocks for the muscle tissues in your body. When it comes to building muscle you need to have the proper nutrients to grow. Most people don’t you enough protein if you are trying to put on muscle you should and for at least 1.5 to 2 g of protein per pound of body weight.
When you are working out with weights you will also burn a lot of energy so your diet will also need to include a healthy serving of carbohydrates to replenish your muscle cells immediately after your workout. This is a huge mistake that a lot of rookies make. Not eating protein and carbohydrates right after you finish working out. When you eat right after your workout your muscle glycogen stores are replenished and your insulin levels spike this hormone helps you transfer on the amino acids into the muscles to help them grow.
We have created a list of the top 10 foods that build muscle mass fast.
1. Eggs are one of the best sources of protein that are available. They are inexpensive and are loaded with protein your body can assimilate this protein easily as well.
2. Fish. One of the best sources of omega three fatty acids is fish. Fish is super lean and it is loaded with protein if it’s good enough for the Eskimos its good enough for me.
3. Blueberries these are great in a shake are loaded with antioxidants that prevent many diseases. I also love to mix them in with my oatmeal in the morning or just simply eat a bowl of them with some skim milk.
4. Lean beef red meats like lean ground beef are an excellent source of protein they are loaded with vitamin B12 zinc and iron all of which are important for accelerated muscle growth. Red meat can get a bad rap but that doesn’t change the fact that it is an excellent source of protein. Moderation is the key.
5. Chicken if you look at any bodybuilder diet of their you were going to find chicken. Maybe you don’t want be a bodybuilder but if you want put on muscle you’re going to have to eat some chicken. Chicken is another meat that is high in protein and low in fat. And it is great cooked up in a variety of ways.
6. Almonds are great source of protein and don’t worry about the fat either the fat in almonds is a great source of monounsaturated fats. Almonds also help with protein synthesis and energy metabolism.
7. Oatmeal oats help reduce cholesterol provide you with low glycemic index carbs for energy and are high in in soluble fiber. They are great in the morning with some berries or even with a shake. Make sure you include this great carbohydrate in your nutritional program.
8. Water drinking water is probably the single biggest thing people don’t do enough of. When you feel thirsty it’s already too late your body’s dehydrated. Make sure you drink lots of water in the morning because it will jump start your metabolism. Several glasses with your meals and through the day will also keep you hydrated and help with muscle recovery.
9. Green vegetables not only to green vegetables help you find many diseases but they also are high in soluble fiber which is a major part of a healthy diet. They should be included in each meal so that you have a balanced nutritional plan.
10. Protein powder this may not be a single ingredient food but when you are trying to get in 1.5 to 2 g of protein per pound of body weight you must include protein powder in your nutritional program. It can boost of your protein to the level if you were going to need to put on some serious muscle.
So that’s it for our top 10 list of foods that build muscle mass. Make sure you take a look at your nutritional program and make the necessary changes your body will thank you for it.
You may want to take a look at the best exercises to build muscle fast.