When we begin to workout to build a lean muscular physique it’s a common question to ask yourself what is the best muscle building supplement? I would have to say that the one most important supplement when it comes to trying to gain muscle mass is protein powder. There are several other supplements that you can use that will help in gaining muscle but on a day-to-day basis most people lack a sufficient amount of protein to build a quality amount of muscle.
It can be difficult to try to get in the 1.5-2.0g of protein per pound of body weight that is required to build muscle. The easiest way to increase your protein levels is with a whey protein isolate. It’s best to only have a couple of shakes per day as you will want to eat as much real food as possible. With the hectic schedule most of us have these days shakes are a great way to get in that much-needed protein.
I stay away from the weight gain protein powders that are usually packed with sugars and for the most part will also help you gain a large amount of fat. A simple whey protein with low carbs is great. Throw in some berries or some peanut butter and your good to go.
Here are a few tips to help you choose a quality protein powder
- Ingredient Quality – Protein is protein. But unfortunately, it’s not that simple. Low quality protein often cannot be properly absorbed by the body.
- Protein/Amino Acid – One major sign of the highest quality proteins is a high content of amino acids rather than fillers or nasty preservatives.
- Side Effects – The most common side effect of low quality protein is a stomach ache due to improper digestion. But you can avoid these problems.
- Customer Reviews – Customer reviews are everything. It’s difficult to tell what kind of protein you are getting. But customer experiences and reviews give you a new side to the story.
- Pricing – Protein is a very basic ingredient, and it doesn’t actually cost that much to get high quality protein. We look for a price that fits what you are getting.
For other great tips and advice please check out the rest of the site.
We can help you learn what it really takes to build muscle.
Motivate Muscle | Bigger – Stronger – Faster and Ripped